Holiday Leftovers That Are Not Safe For Pets

December 26, 2018

© Annaav | Dreamstime.com

Is your fridge full of all of the Holiday leftovers from your Christmas dinner? It's a bit overwhelming trying to figure out what to do with all of them. Your pets may be looking at you with those big eyes begging for a taste of that Holiday food, but some of it can be very dangerous for them. 

So what are the bad foods for your pets? Dogs should not be given chocolate because it can cause seizures and even death.

Christmas cakes that contain raisins or grapes can cause kidney failure in cats. Felines are also more prone to ingesting decorations due to their curiosity.

For more exotic pets like birds, avocados should be avoided because breathing can be restricted.

Most importantly, if your pet seems to be sick after eating something or in general, you should bring them to a vet to get a checkup just in case.